(Development Management Policies, Site Allocations, and Revised Housing Target)
The consultation on Draft Local Plan Part 2 will take place over a six week period from 20th August to 30th September 2018 (inclusive).
The Draft Local Plan Part 2 document shows what the GYBC is thinking about having in terms of:
- detailed policies for planning applications;
- allocations of sites for development;
- a reduction in the overall housing target for the Borough, and a few minor updates to other Core Strategy policies;
- the replacement of the remaining old ‘saved’ policies (from the former Borough-wide Local Plan of 2001); and
- changes to the Local Plan Policies Map, to give effect to the above.
The Great Yarmouth Borough Council wants to know what people think of these provisional proposals, and whether there are any better options, before it makes up its mind on what policies and allocations it formally proposes to adopt.
Once it is completed and adopted, the Local Plan Part 2 will provide the detailed policies to help achieve the general type and distribution of development for the plan period up to 2030 already decided by the Core Strategy (Local Plan Part 1), which the Council adopted in 2015.
The consultation documents comprise:
- Main Documents
- Draft Local Plan Part 2
- Draft Policies Map (formerly known as a proposals map). This is in two sheets, one for the whole plan area, and an inset showing the Great Yarmouth town/ Gorleston area in greater detail. Extracts from the Policies Map for each settlement, at a larger scale, are also included in the relevant chapters of the Draft Local Plan Part 2 document itself.
- Supporting documents:
- Draft Sustainability Appraisal Report, showing how the different potential options were evaluated.
- Draft Habitats Regulations Assessment Report, showing how the Draft Plan’s potential impacts on internationally protected habitats and species was evaluated and is addressed.
- Draft ‘Constraints and Opportunities Map’ (showing areas and locations which are not defined by the Local Plan but which may be subject to particular policies – e.g. Conservation Areas and Agricultural Land Grading).
The documents are all available on the Council’s website via the following link: https://great-yarmouth-consult.objective.co.uk where they would encourage you to comment online.
Please be aware that any comments you may submit cannot be treated in confidence as it they form part of the ‘Public Task’ of planning for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and Data Protection Act 2018. The Council will publish names and representations on its website, but will not publish personal information such as telephone numbers, emails or private addresses. By submitting a representation, you are accordingly confirming that you agree to this and accept responsibility for your comments.
Documents are also available for inspection at the following locations during the course of the consultation:
- at Great Yarmouth Town Hall, Hall Plain, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2QF (during office hours);
- at libraries at:
- Great Yarmouth Library between 9am – 5pm (Mon, Tue, Thur & Fri); 9am – 7:30pm (Wed) or 9am – 4:30pm (Sat)
- Gorleston Library between 9:30am – 5pm (Mon, Wed & Fri); 9:30am – 8pm (Tue & Thu) or 9:30am – 4pm (Sat)
- Bradwell Library between 10am – 12:30pm (Mon & Sat) or 2pm – 5pm (Thu)
- Caister Library between 8am – 7pm (Mon – Fri); 8am – 4pm (Sat) or 10am – 4pm (Sun)
- Martham Library between 8am – 7pm (Mon – Fri); 8am – 4pm (Sat) or 10am – 4pm (Sun)
They will also be holding a number of public exhibitions with officers available to speak to throughout the consultation at the following locations and dates:
- Great Yarmouth Town Hall, Hall Plain, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2QF (Thursday 30th August between 1pm & 7pm)
- Ormesby St Margaret Village Hall, Station Road, Ormesby St Margaret, NR29 3PU (Monday 3rd September between 1pm & 7pm)
- New Road Sports & Village Centre, New Road, Belton, NR31 9JW (Friday 7th September between 1pm & 7pm)
- Gorleston Library, Lowestoft Road, Gorleston, NR31 6SG (Wednesday 19th September between 11am & 5pm)
Paper copies of the Draft Local Plan Part 2 may be purchased at a cost of £35 (incl. postage) by contacting the GYBC.
All comments (sent by whatever means) must be received before midnight on Sunday 30th September 2018.